GECs
Yahoo to stream CBS comedies
MUMBAI: For the first time, full episodes of US broadcaster CBS’s comedies Two And A Half Men and How I Met Your Mother will be available for free video streaming without commercials, exclusively on Yahoo! TV tv.yahoo.com.
This marks the first time that Yahoo! will stream an episode of a CBS television series in its entirety. The CBS “Comedy Bowl” continues through 2 January 2005.
Yahoo! will offer two encore episodes from both the series that were broadcast earlier this season on the CBS Television Network. The episodes from Two And A Half Men available for video streaming include We Called It Mr. Pinky and Madame and Her Special Friend.
CBS Digital Media president Larry Kramer says, “Yahoo! is one of the most trafficked Internet destinations in the world, and we are very excited to collaborate with them on this promotional opportunity for Two And A Half Men and How I Met Your Mother. This deal marks a continuation of our on-going broadband initiatives at CBS, and we believe that working closely with Yahoo! will generate significant awareness for these two comedy series.”
CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group president Nancy Tellem says, ” We are always looking for ways to provide current and potential new viewers every possible opportunity to sample our series. We want to be where the viewers are, and this exclusive partnership with Yahoo! gives us the chance to target an expanded online audience for Two And A Half Men and How I Met Your Mother at a time of the year when many potential viewers are home on vacation and surfing the Internet.”
GECs
Sebi sends show-cause notice to Zee over fund diversion, company responds
Regulator questions 2018 letter of comfort and governance lapses; company vows robust legal response
MUMBAI: India’s markets watchdog has reignited its long-running scrutiny of Zee Entertainment Enterprises, issuing a sweeping show-cause notice that drags the broadcaster and 84 others into a widening governance storm.
The notice, dated February 12, has been served by the Securities and Exchange Board of India to Zee, chairman emeritus Subhash Chandra and managing director and chief executive Punit Goenka, among others. At its heart: allegations that company funds were indirectly routed to settle liabilities of entities linked to the Essel Group.
The regulator’s probe traces its roots to November 2019, when two independent directors resigned from Zee’s board, flagging concerns over the alleged appropriation of fixed deposits by Yes Bank. The deposits were reportedly adjusted against loans extended to Essel Group entities, triggering questions about related-party dealings and board oversight.
A key flashpoint is a letter of comfort dated September 4, 2018, issued by Subhash Chandra in his dual capacity as chairman of Zee and the Essel Group. The document, linked to credit facilities availed by certain group companies from Yes Bank, was allegedly known only to select members of management and not disclosed to the full board—an omission SEBI believes raises red flags over transparency and governance controls.
Zee has pushed back hard. In a statement, the company said it “strongly refutes” the allegations against it and its board members and will file a detailed response. It expressed confidence that SEBI would conduct a fair review and signalled readiness to pursue all legal remedies to protect shareholder interests.
The notice marks the latest twist in a saga that has shadowed the broadcaster since 2019. What began as boardroom unease has morphed into a full-blown regulatory confrontation. The final reckoning now rests with SEBI—but the reputational stakes for Zee, and the message for India Inc on governance discipline, could scarcely be higher.






