Connect with us

DTH

TSA, IBF launch interactive badminton game

Published

on

MUMBAI: The International Badminton Federation (IBF) and its marketing agency Total Sports Asia (TSA) have launched Badminton Manager, an interactive fantasy game.

IBF executive deputy president Datuk Punch Gunalan says that Badminton Manager allows badminton fans from around the world to become more actively involved in the game, managing their own team of players.

“Fantasy games are very well known in other major sports like football and formula one. It creates a new level of enjoyment for the badminton fan by giving them an interactive experience of the game.”

Advertisement

Total Sports Asia CEO Marcus Luer says, “Playing Badminton Manager will bring fans closer to the players, tournaments and the new points system with its fun and educational elements. We want to share this opportunity with as many fans as possible and we are offering this top of the line product at absolutely no cost for the users.”

Badminton Manager is launched in conjunction with the Thomas & Uber Cup. Gunalan said that “Starting with Thomas & Uber Cup just seems right. It represents a terrific opportunity for badminton enthusiasts to get acquainted with the game. We have plans to extend Badminton Manager to the World Championships in September and continue with a year-long version by the 2007 season.

“Being a truly global sport, an online presence is increasingly important for the game of badminton. Badminton Manager will be featured on the official IBF and Thomas & Uber Cup websites. It will also have its own dedicated website at www.badmintonmanager.net”.

Advertisement

Sportdreams, a European fantasy sports company from Europe produced Badminton Manager 2006. The company’s CEO Gerald Smith says, “We believe that the fantasy badminton audience will grow rapidly. We are not only creating a true fun experience for fans around the world, but at the same time build a database with the incredibly dedicated and loyal following that is treasured by commercial partners.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

DTH

DD Free Dish e-auction heats up with 26 MPEG-2 slots sold in two days

Hindi movies, GEC and news dominate; Star Utsav Movies tops Day 2 at Rs 213.45 crore

Published

on

MUMBAI- The bidding war on DD Free Dish is turning into a blockbuster and the slots are selling faster than popcorn at interval. Prasar Bharati’s 8th annual MPEG-2 e-auction delivered another strong day on Tuesday, with 18 more channels securing spots across movies, regional music and news buckets, taking the two-day total to 26.

Day 2 belonged to the movies and news categories. In Bucket A (Hindi Movies), Star Utsav Movies led the pack at Rs 213.45 crore, pipped only narrowly by Zee Action at Rs 213.4 crore. Goldmines landed at Rs 13.35 crore and Zee Anmol at Rs 13.3 crore, showing razor-thin price bands and fierce competition. Bucket B saw Zee Bioscope top at Rs 10.6 crore, Bhojpuri Cinema Rs 10.5 crore, B4U Bhojpuri Rs 10.2 crore, while Showbox, Unique TV and B4U Music each closed at Rs 10.25 crore.

News channels in Bucket C stayed tightly bunched: NDTV, Aaj Bharat, Zee News and India TV all secured slots at Rs 8.6 crore, with News Nation and ABP News slightly higher at Rs 8.65 crore. Bucket D rounded out with Russia Today at Rs 9.75 crore and GTC Punjabi at Rs 7.92 crore.

Advertisement

Day 1 had already set a premium tone, with eight slots snapped up – six in Bucket A+ (Hindi/Urdu GEC, starting reserve Rs 15 crore) and two in Bucket A (Hindi/Urdu Movies, starting Rs 12 crore). Sony PAL topped Day 1 winners at Rs 16.55 crore, Star Utsav Rs 16.25 crore, Shemaroo TV Rs 16.35 crore, Zee Anmol, Colors Rishtey and Sun Neo at Rs 16.40 crore each. Sony WAH took a Bucket A slot at Rs 13.95 crore and Zee Anmol Cinema at Rs 13.45 crore.

The surge reflects broadcasters’ hunger for DD Free Dish’s estimated 43–45 million rural and semi-urban households, where Hindi GEC and movies remain advertising goldmines.

The auction runs under the revised E-auction Methodology 2025 (amended 9 January 2026), with escalating reserves – Round 2 Bucket A+ at Rs 16 crore, Round 3 Bucket A at Rs 13 crore – and stricter eligibility to weed out speculative bids. Channels must be operational, available in the relevant language, and already carried on at least one private DTH, DD Free Dish or registered MSO.

Advertisement

With premium genres flying off the shelf, the coming rounds will test how deep pockets really are as reserves climb and tactical down-bidding gets harder. In India’s largest free-to-air universe, these auctions aren’t just about slots – they’re about who gets to stay on the screen that reaches deepest into the heartland.

Continue Reading

Advertisement News18
Advertisement All three Media
Advertisement Whtasapp
Advertisement Year Enders

Copyright © 2026 Indian Television Dot Com PVT LTD