Mumbai: With another weekend upon us, it is time to unwind with the latest Q&A edition of Indiantelevision.com’s Weekend Unwind—a series of informal chats that peek into the minds of business executives through a fun lens in an attempt to get to know the person behind the title a little better.
In this week’s session, we have By Design founder & chief creative officer Rahul Gupta.
Gupta’s in-depth knowledge of brands & the dynamics within which they operate has enabled him to devise many unique & innovative integrated brand development solutions and creative strategies across the communication spectrum for the many successful brands handled by By Design (formerly IBD). Over the last few years, the agency has evolved into a potent multi-functional full-service agency that offers services like integrated marketing Communications, brand development, digital marketing, production, design and packaging across multiple sectors including FMCG, fashion, retail, lifestyle, consumer electronics, PSU, realty, hospitality & pharmaceuticals.
So, without further ado, here it goes…
- Your mantra for Life
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof.
- A Book you are currently reading?
Let life flow by Ramesh Balsekar.
- Your Fitness mantra, especially during the pandemic?
Run for your life.
- Your comfort food?
Dal and rice.
- When the chips are down a quote/ philosophy that keeps you going?
This too, shall pass.
- Your guilty pleasure?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
Last year I tried kickboxing for a couple of months!
- A Life lesson you learnt the hard way?
Don’t lose your cool, don’t react to provocation, learn to adjust.
- What gets you excited about life?
The fact that because of the industry I am in, I get to work on different challenges every day.
- What's on top of your bucket list?
I'm all about the simple pleasures of life and never really had a bucket list per se but I think I've had a lot of memorable experiences that I am grateful for. If I had to pick one thing though, it would be to drive a race car.
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Don’t let success get to your head.
- One thing you would most like to change about the world?
Racial discrimination, undoubtedly.
- An activity that keeps you motivated / charged during tough times?
Chanting a mantra and exercising in the gym.
- What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
Spending quality time with family and close friends.
- Your go-to stress buster?
Mostly the gym, as you can tell from my answers so far. Sometimes an evening out with friends at a bar.