Connect with us

News Broadcasting

‘Hum Sab Baraati’ heading for premature end

Published

on

MUMBAI: Zee has decided to pull its Sunday-Wednesday 8 pm comedy show Hum Sab Baraati off air around mid-August due to faltering TRPs.

About three-and-a-half months ago, 4 April to be exact, we thought Zee had done everything right to tickle the funny bone when it launched Sanjay Chhel Telefilms Pvt Ltd’s maiden television venture Hum Sab Baraati (starring Dinyar Contractor, Tiku Tulsania, et al). The show was described as a light and frothy sitcom with ‘a touch of soap opera,’ revolving around a family of wedding planners. Now it looks like show is coming to an premature end.

To mark the launch of HSB, Chhel had hired a music band, palmists, mehendiwali and flower sellers, among others. Speaking about the venture at that time, Chhel had said, “It’s a feel-good comedy with integrally woven songs and dances.” In addition to the dialogues, Chhel had also penned songs for the show.
When contacted, Zee programming head Ashwini Yardi confirmed the news.”We always keep on introducing new formats and are replacing Hum Sab Barati,, which has already run the stipulated number of episodes, with a new serial.” This is despite the fact that Zee had affirmed at the time of its launch that HSB had been commissioned for a year.

Advertisement

When contacted, Chhel, however, said, “This is news to me. Zee has not sent me any intimation in this regard. I am shooting the episodes as usual.”

 

A leading actor from the serial (requesting anonymity) also confirmed, “Yes, I have heard this rumour. But I think that the channel should observe patience. Comedies take a long time to register and grow.”

Advertisement

 

We also remember Chhel telling us, the road to its telecast has been easy. “I spoke to other channels as well about this show, but somehow thought that Zee TV was the least interfering of all.” Well?

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Broadcasting

India Today Group debuts AI anchor ‘Sutra’ at AI Impact Summit 2026 

Sutra aims to simplify live policy debates using sovereign AI models

Published

on

NEW DELHI: India Today Group has unveiled Sutra, an AI-driven news anchor designed to deliver real-time, contextual reporting, marking the group’s latest push to integrate artificial intelligence into mainstream journalism.

The AI anchor was introduced at the India AI Impact Summit 2026 in New Delhi and developed in collaboration with BharatGen, with the initiative showcased by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.

India Today Group said Sutra is built to navigate complex policy discussions and fast-moving developments by synthesising information into concise, accessible insights, aimed at narrowing the gap between high-level debates and public understanding. The AI anchor was used to surface live takeaways from key sessions at the summit.

Advertisement

India Today Group chief AI officer Nilanjan Das, said the project was focused on clarity and accessibility without diluting editorial rigour. He added that working with BharatGen aligned the group’s AI ambitions with India’s broader push towards sovereign technology capabilities.

BharatGen CEO Rishi Bal, said the partnership reflected a shift from basic automation towards deeper contextual intelligence in media. He emphasised the importance of indigenous, multimodal AI models capable of understanding Indian languages, regional dialects and cultural nuance, particularly as AI-driven news formats gain traction.

The launch positions India Today Group among the first major Indian media houses to deploy an AI anchor backed by home-grown technology, underscoring a growing convergence between journalism, public policy and sovereign AI infrastructure.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Advertisement News18
Advertisement All three Media
Advertisement Whtasapp
Advertisement Year Enders

Copyright © 2026 Indian Television Dot Com PVT LTD