Connect with us

Hollywood

Asha Bhosle receives Lifetime Achievement at DIFF

Published

on

MUMBAI: At the gala opening ceremony of the prestigious Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) held at the famous Madinat Theatre in Madinat Jumeirah Hotel Dubai, Asha Bhosle received the lifetime achievement award for her outstanding contribution to music through hands of HH Sheikh Mansour Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Makhtoom.

 

Bhosle has been earlier honoured as the ‘most recorded artist in music history’ by the Guinness Book of World Records, and also awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2000) and the Padma Vibhushan (2008) from the Indian government.

Advertisement

 

Adding another award to her list of accolades, Bhosle said, “I am delighted to receive this Lifetime Achievement Award from Dubai International Film Festival in Dubai – a place with long historic ties to my country.”

 

Advertisement

In her acceptance speech, Bhosle, who also made her acting debut at the age of 80 in the 2013 film ‘Mai’, further added, “People while accepting awards thank their family, friends, pets, etc but I wish to here only thank my audience and my stars without which I would have never come so far in life.”

 

On the popular demand by the audience, she crooned impromptu few lines of her popular “dil chiz kya hai aap meri jaan lijiye” and the evergreen classic “O mere sona re sona re sona” bringing the 3000 strong crowd at the Madinat Theatre in Jumeirah to standing ovation. 

Advertisement

 

DIFF Chairman Abdulhamid Juma said, “Asha Bhosle is a stalwart of the Indian music industry and we are proud to honour her with this DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award. Her work has touched almost every corner of the world such a legend we heartily applause in DIFF.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Hollywood

US Justice Department probes Warner Bros sale impact on cinemas: Report

Theatre chains called in to discuss potential effect of Netflix or Paramount deals

Published

on

NEW YORK: The US Justice Department has summoned some of the country’s largest cinema chains to private talks about the possible sale of Warner Bros Discovery, according to a Bloomberg report. Government antitrust lawyers are seeking information on how a sale could affect film releases and the wider movie-going public.

Bloomberg reports that, sources familiar with the meetings said officials are exploring whether a sale could shrink the number of films hitting theatres or shift the balance in the streaming versus cinema tug-of-war.

The review is focused on the potential impact of a sale to either Netflix or Paramount Skydance. While Netflix has a history of releasing only a limited number of films in select theatres for short runs, Paramount Skydance could face heavy debt if it succeeds, possibly limiting its film production.

Advertisement

The meetings come after Warner Bros recently rejected Paramount Skydance’s hostile $30-a-share bid, while giving the rival studio seven days to submit a best and final offer that would top the existing Netflix agreement. Paramount acknowledged the offer but called Warner Bros’ board actions unusual.

Warner Bros is moving forward with a vote on Netflix’s offer for its streaming and studio businesses on March 20. If approved, the merger would follow a spin-off of Warner Bros’ Discovery Global cable operations, including CNN, TLC, Food Network and HGTV, into a separate publicly traded company.

For cinema-goers, the question remains whether Hollywood’s boardroom battles will shrink the number of films on the big screen or just shuffle the popcorn seats.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Advertisement News18
Advertisement All three Media
Advertisement Whtasapp
Advertisement Year Enders

Copyright © 2026 Indian Television Dot Com PVT LTD