Cable TV
Analogue equipment may be seized, warns MIB
NEW DELHI: Stressing that the law permits seizure of equipment of defaulting cable operators. all state-level administrators have been asked to direct district magistrates (DMs) to take action against those operators who were still distributing analogue signals.
In its letter to all states, the Ministry said that Section 11 of the Cable TV Networks (Regulation) Act 1005 gives powers to act against the defaulters. The letter wanted the administrators to allot about half an hour time to the Ministry, in any one of the meetings held by them with DMs in near future to highlight their role/powers.
The Ministry also said it wanted to get the issue monitored by senior officers like Divisional Commissioner, Revenue Secretary or inspectors general. At the outset, the Ministry also said “hardly any compliance reports are being received” despite instructions given earlier.
At the outset, the Ministry said that it had been mandated that only digital encrypted signals can be carried on the cable television networks in the country from 1 April.
“However for its successful implementation, it is important that regular monitoring is carried out by the authorised officers {DM, SDM and CP as per Section 2 of the Cable Act to ensure that cable operators carry only digital encrypted signals, follow the provisions in the Act and the Rules framed thereunder, and prompt action is taken against the defaulters.”
The Ministry has prepared a Check List for inspection of MSOs by the Authorised Officers. Copy of the checklist is available at the MIB website.
Also Read:
Analogue signals: MIB to take action against defaulters
37 new MSOs in 45 days takes total to 1421, seven among 59 cases sub-judice
LCOs to get unique TRAI number to ensure fair deals, says advisor Gupta
Cable TV
Den Networks Q3 profit steady despite revenue pressure
MUMBAI: When margins wobble, liquidity talks and in Q3 FY25-26, cash did most of the talking. Den Networks Limited closed the December quarter with consolidated revenue of Rs.251 crore, marginally higher than the previous quarter but down 4 per cent year-on-year, even as profitability stayed resilient on the back of strong cash reserves and disciplined cost control.
Subscription income softened to Rs.98 crore, slipping 3 per cent sequentially and 14 per cent from last year, while placement and marketing income offered some cheer, rising 15 per cent quarter-on-quarter to Rs.148 crore. Total costs climbed faster than revenue, up 7 per cent QoQ to Rs.238 crore, driven largely by higher content costs and operating expenses. As a result, EBITDA dropped sharply to Rs.13 crore from Rs.19 crore in Q2 and Rs.28 crore a year ago, pulling margins down to 5 per cent.
Yet, the bottom line refused to blink. Profit after tax stood at Rs.40 crore, up 15 per cent sequentially and only marginally lower than last year’s Rs.42 crore. A healthy Rs.57 crore in other income helped cushion operating pressure, keeping profit before tax at Rs.48 crore, broadly stable quarter-on-quarter despite the tougher cost environment.
The real headline-grabber, however, sits on the balance sheet. The company remains debt-free, with cash and cash equivalents swelling to Rs.3,279 crore as of December 31, 2025. Net worth rose to Rs.3,748 crore, while online collections accounted for 97 per cent of total receipts, underscoring strong cash discipline across operations, including subsidiaries.
In short, while Q3 showed signs of operating strain, the financial backbone remains solid. With zero gross debt, steady profits and a formidable cash war chest, the company enters the next quarter with flexibility firmly on its side proving that in uncertain markets, balance sheet strength can be the best growth strategy.







